Lessor hereby rents Vehicle to customer subject to all the terms and conditions of this Agreement in consideration whereof Customer hereby acknowledges and agrees:
1. Definitions. This “Agreement” consists of all the terms and conditions on this page (page 2) and on the reverse side (Page 1) hereof, whether printed or written. “Customer” means the person(s) signing this Agreement and any other person or organization to whom charges are billed by Lessor at the direction of the person signing, all of whom shall be jointly and severally liable here under. “Lessor” refers to the owner of the Vehicle. “Vehicle” includes the automobile identified in this Agreement and all tires, tools, accessories and equipment attached thereto or contained therein.
2. Lessor’s Property. Customer acknowledges that said Vehicle is Lessor’s property. This Agreement is a contract for the rental of the vehicle only. While vehicle is on rental to customer, The Customer is not the Lessor’s agent for any purpose. Customer acknowledges that Customer acquires no rights other than those stated expressly in this Agreement and that Lessor has made no warranties, express, implied, or apparent in conjunction with the Vehicle. Lessor reserves the right to repossess Vehicle at any time at customer’s expense if Vehicle is used in violation of law or this Agreement, is illegally parked or abandoned.
3. Operation. Vehicle shall NOT be operated by any person other than customer and those persons listed as additional authorized drivers on Page 1 of this Agreement. If Vehicle is obtained from Lessor by fraud or misrepresentation (including false statements of customer or false authorized driver information), all use is WITHOUT LESSOR’S PERMISSION.
4. Prohibited Uses. Vehicle shall NOT be used for the following purposes:
(a) to carry persons or property for hirer;
(b) to push, propel or tow any vehicle, trailer or other object;
(c) in any race, test or contest;
(d) for the carrying or hauling of explosives or other dangerous items; and
(e) in furtherance of any illegal purpose or under any circumstances which constitute a violation of law.
5. Condition of Vehicle. Customer acknowledges receipt of the Vehicle in good and safe mechanical condition, except as noted on Page 1. Customer shall return Vehicle to Lessor in the same condition as received, except for ordinary wear. Any service or replacement of parts or accessories to Vehicle during rental to Customer must have Lessor’s prior approval.
6. Collision insurance. Valid only in Belize. In the event of loss or damage to the Vehicle while on rental, whether or not due to the fault of the Customer, Customer’s liability for collision damage or loss shall be limited to the first Seven Hundred Fifty Dollars(US$750.00) provided that Customer has complied with all terms and conditions of this Agreement. NOTE: Insurance is void if damage to the vehicle is done by negligence. For example, the Customer continuing to drive the Vehicle when it is apparent that there is a problem with the vehicle, i.e. driving the vehicle while it is running hot, driving with low oil pressure, continuing to drive on a flat tire.
7. Liability Insurance. Customer and authorized drivers named Page 1 are covered by an automobile 3rd Party Insurance(hereafter “POLICY”), a copy of which is available for inspection at the offices of the Lessor. Customer agrees to report any accident involving the Vehicle to Lessor in writing no later than 24 hours from occurrence or upon termination of this Agreement, whichever is earlier. COVERAGE IS FOR THE COUNTRY OF BELIZE ONLY. You must buy Liability insurance if you leave the country of Belize.
8. Vehicles are NOT ALLOWED to be taken out of the country.
9. Rental Charges. Customer shall pay Lessor on demand the sum of:
(a) Time charges for the agreed period of rental computed at the rates shown in this Agreement;
(b) Additional time charges for any period beyond the agreed period of rental until unit is returned to office;
(c) Charges applicable to Collision Insurance;
(d) Charges applicable to Vehicle while outside the Country of Belize;
(e) Charges for gasoline if Vehicle is returned with less gasoline than when rented, measured by the amount of such deficiency;
(f) Charges for loss and damage to Vehicle due under paragraph 6 above;
(g) Penalties assessed pursuant to paragraph 10 below for failure to return Vehicle at the agreed time,
(h) Fines, penalties, forfeitures, court costs and other expenses assessed against Lessor under compilation of law with respect to use of Vehicle while on rental;
(i) Lessor’s costs including actual attorney’s fees incurred in collecting payments due from Customer under this Agreement.
10. Deposit. The deposit paid by Customer at the time of signing this Agreement may be applied by Lessor to reduce the charges due under paragraph 9 above. Any excess amount shall be returned to the Customer.
11. Return of Vehicle. Customer shall return Vehicle to Lessor’s rental office or other location designated by Lessor on the due date and time specified on the face of this Agreement. In the event that the Vehicle is not returned at the specified time, the deposit will be forfeited. In addition, Lessor may at customer’s expense take all steps necessary to repossess the Vehicle including civil and criminal process against Customer. Customer shall indemnify Lessor for all expenses incurred in attempting to locate and recover the Vehicle and hereby waives all resources against Lessor for any criminal reports or prosecutions against Customer which are deemed necessary by Lessor.
12. Customer’s Property. Customer releases and holds Lessor, its agents and employees, harmless from all claims for loss or damage to personal property of Customer or any other person, left or carried in or upon Vehicle or any service vehicle or premise of Lessor by Customer or such other person, or received, handled or stored by Lessor, at any time before, during or after this rental, whether or not same is due to Lessor’s negligence or other fault.
13. Fines. Customer is responsible for and shall pay all parking and traffic violations, unless due to Lessor’s fault.
14. Modification. No term of this Agreement may be waived or modified except by written instrument signed by Lessor’s authorized representative. In the event customer wishes to extend rental period, Vehicle must be returned to renting station for inspection by Lessor and written amendment of date due in.
15. Entire Agreement. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Lessor and Customer and there are no other representations, conditions, warranties, guarantees’ or collateral agreements, expressed or implied, statutory or otherwise, in respect of the Vehicle or this Agreement other than expressly set forth herein.